CashStar created the digital gifting category in 2008, leading the transformation of the world’s most popular gift from a simple piece of plastic into a versatile mobile and social currency for retailers and consumers. Digital gifting is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities, exciting challenges, and the potential for big rewards for those working in the industry. More than 300 brands across all retail categories use the company’s flexible SaaS platform to drive acquisition, lift, and loyalty through engaging, personalized digital gifting experiences and promotions.
Leading companies rely on CashStar to power the most innovative and advanced prepaid and digital gifting programs, including Best Buy, Brookstone, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Dell, Dunkin’ Donuts, Gap, lululemon athletica, Office Depot, Petco, Pottery Barn, QVC, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, The Home Depot, and Williams-Sonoma. In addition, CashStar powers the distribution of digital gift cards into leading loyalty programs and incentive platforms. CashStar continues to experience incredible growth as evidenced by being ranked the #6 software company on the 2013 Inc 500 list of fastest-growing private companies and being named to the Forbes 2014 list of America’s Most Promising Private Companies.
Join a fast-paced dynamic product team where you will collaborate with the Product Leader for CashStar’s consumer purchasing solutions used by the nation’s top retailers. You will act as a product owner for an agile scrum team driving new products and features.
- Drive the entire product development lifecycle by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; production timetables and creating enablement materials.
- Define and manage products related to Consumer purchasing experiences web and mobile
- Research, identify, and prioritize opportunities to reduce cost, increase consumer engagement and increase organizational scale through product improvements
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap for profitability, growth and scale
- Develop business/functional requirements, user experience, success criteria and MVP definition in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Work with engineering team to create successful product and partnership
- Liaison between business and technical organizations,
- Accountable for product success.
- Serve as Product Owner in agile software development process
- Interact with development, accounting, client services, and other product managers to support release of “whole” product
- Serve as product expert and resource for sales, marketing, and client services teams
- 2-5 years of direct software product management experience is required. Additional experience in professional services, project management and/or software development is also valued.
- Experience with SaaS-based platforms is strongly preferred - emphasis on payments or e-commerce solutions is highly valued.
- Experience with retailers and/or large organizations in a B2B2C environment
- Experience driving multiple projects from requirements gathering and analysis, requirements writing and design, and release and launch.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills. Demonstrated ability to establish credibility as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to make good decisions based on synthesized information
- Ability to manage by influence and establish solid professional relationships with a variety of different types of resources
- Ability to learn quickly and be a subject matter expertise in a constantly changing market - This never ends, should be a constant learning cycle
- Great communicator and willingness to share clear concise (good and bad) information with tact and respect for their audience - Ability to confidently say no with valid business reasoning
- Role requires “management by influence” - must drive/lead organizations which you have no formal authority
- Confidently escalate and share concerns with solution options at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience as Product Owner in agile development process is preferred. Scrum Alliance or PMI certification(s) for Scrum/Agile Product Owners is preferred.
- College degree is required. MBA and/or technical degrees are highly valued.